Hello guys,so am back with a not so very diet friendly recipe:"Caramel Stuffed Double Chocolate Chip Cookies". Doesn't that sound way beyond delicious?? So apparently, we have tea time at work every Tuesday and yesterday it was hosted by my team. And now you know why the above picture!!! As always, i was informed way too late about this and could think only of cookies in such a short amount of time. Cookies are my soulmate while in a crisis. How hard can baking them get, right?? Flour, Butter, Sugar, Eggs and throw in whatever you like and bamn!!! It's done! A glass of milk and few warm gooey chewy cookies. I am already salivating.
So i was frantically searching Pinterest and came across this recipe by Izy and then that's it. Tweaked the recipe a bit and had these gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous(Yeah, i am pulling off a Nigella)Cookies. I ended up doubling the recipe to make around 25 cookies.
Last week for the Avocado Smoothie's recipe i had added a printable recipe and i thank you all for letting me know how you guys liked it. Thanks again. This time i am trying something new again. Going through other blogs, i had always admired the way some added GIF images. How cool was that animation? I absolutely loved it. Have you guys seen them yet? Here is one with Photoshop from Minimalist Baker and here is another one from The Sits Girls without Photoshop.
Here is the GIF(animated recipe)file that i created in photoshop. Some one please pat my back, it's a huge deal for me. Am a big Zero when it comes to using any photo editing softwares.This will give you a fair idea of the steps involved. Do you guys like it or should i stick to my old way of description with each pics? Do let me know.
Please subscribe by filling out your email in the right hand side subscribe form for more exciting recipes. I have got some real exciting stuff planned up in the coming weeks and most of them will be healthier ones.
Caramel Stuffed Double Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup(8 tbsp) Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1.5 cups Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4th tsp Salt
- 4 oz(150 grams) Dark Chocolate Chips
- 12-15 Caramel Chocolates
- For sprinkling Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4th tsp Baking Soda
1. Preheat oven at 350 F (180 C). Line baking tray with parchment paper.2. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Take OFF the stove. Add brown sugar and mix well.3. Crack in the two eggs and mix well. Add cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt. Mix again. 4. Now add sifted flour and mix. Add chocolate chips and combine into the dough.5. Scoop out a generous amount and flatten it on the parchment paper. Make an indentation. Place the caramel. Scoop out another tbsp of dough, flatten it with your palm and cover the caramel and seal edges. Sprinkle some flaky salt or sea salt(optional).Bake for around 12-15 minutes depending upon the temperature of your oven.
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 12-15
Notes: Caramel could be store bought or home made. I have used store bought. Sprinkling salt is optional, but it adds sweet and salty flavor.
Thanks for stopping by.
Till we meet again,